Agricultural Machinery and Implements Insurance
A present-day agricultural business cannot be launched without taking into account the risks, which the agricultural sector is exposed to.
At the same time, there shall be also considered the risks, which the relevant machinery is exposed to in the course of operation thereof, particularly when it comes to accidents, fires or thefts.
That’s why the agricultural machinery insurance is a mandatory condition for sustainable development of any activity in this sphere.
A present-day agricultural business cannot be successful without using various types of agricultural machinery and implements.
General Asigurari Company provides the insurance solutions for individuals and legal entities that carry on their activities in the agricultural sector and are aware of potential risks, for the purpose of safe conduct of their business!
– Wheel tractors, including equipment installed thereon
– Caterpillar tractors
– Self-propulsion combine harvesters
– Self-propelled bucket excavators
– Self-propelled complex electrical lift trucks (loaders)
– Mowers and other complex machinery operated from tractors
– Machinery and equipment for chemical and fertiliser treatment
– Seeding machines and similar ones
– Machinery and equipment used to dry and clean the seeds
– Simple towable machinery and implements (tractor trailers, cultivators, ploughs, harrows, rippers, diskers and others)
There cannot be insured:
- Agricultural machinery (implements) that has not been used by the Insured for a long period due to physical wear and tear, obsolescence or breaking up
- Agricultural machinery (implements) that is not maintained in compliance with the agronomical requirements and does not correspond to the criteria set forth by the Insurance Terms and Conditions
Destruction or deterioration arising from:
- Damages caused as a result of road accidents, including collision with immovable and moving objects (constructions, obstacles, animals, stones, branches, pillars and others)
- Accidents produced in the course of keeping and operation (overthrows, collisions, falls, sliding, skidding or impacts, including those ones of strange objects), subject to abidance by the rules set by the technical operation and safety conditions
- Fire resulting from uncontrollable burning, inclusively from lightning stroke, explosions or short circuits
- Natural disasters (lightning stroke, hail, torrential rains, floods, storms, earthquakes, landslides, snow avalanches and so on)
- Unlawful actions of third parties, except for those ones included in the group ‘Theft’
- Theft, robbery, holdup, hijacking of agricultural machinery (implements) or component parts/details thereof
- Any prejudice caused as a result of a theft, robbery, holdup or an attempted theft, robbery, holdup, hijacking of agricultural machinery (implements) or component parts/details thereof
Agricultural machinery (implements) is insured for a period of 12 consecutive months or for a shorter period.
The agricultural machinery (implements) insurance is realised throughout a calendar year.
Insurer’s liability within the insurance agreements shall start at midnight (00:00) of the day following the day of payment of an insurance premium (a part thereof if payment by instalments was arranged and stipulated in the insurance agreement).
The insurance period shall be deemed to end at midnight (24:00) of the last day specified in the insurance policy.
Remark: In any event, insurance protection (Insurer’s liability) cannot start after occurrence of an insured loss or in case of imminent probability of occurrence thereof, as well as before the time period specified in the insurance agreement (policy).
The insured amount of agricultural machinery (implements) proposed to be insured is set by the parties, relying on the remaining (balance) cost and the amount of insurance, requested by the Insured (Beneficiary).
The insurance tariffs are set by the Insurer in compliance with the basic tariffs for agricultural machinery (implements) insurance, specified in the Terms and Conditions of Comprehensive Agricultural Insurance. The tariffs are negotiated with the Insured, depending on several factors (type of machinery (implements), number of units, insured risks, history of co-operation with the Client and so on), and are then used to calculate the insurance premium.
Agricultural Insurance Department,
Tel.: (0-22) 78-38-20,
Mob.: 0 680 78 555, 0 783 76 000